Friday, December 21, 2012

Song of the Day - Pile Of Dirt

Speaker For The Dead - Pile Of Dirt from I Hope You Have Fun While You Sleep (2011)

Last night I had the pleasure of seeing Speaker Of The Dead play their dancing folk punk music for the first time. I wasn't quite sure what they would sound like or cause the crowd to do - since the show started off as a seated event - but as their music began to pick up and people started to feel the energy pumping through SFTD's chords, the chairs were thrown to the side and the partying began.

Thanks to Greg McKillop, the frontman, for putting the show on! It was a real nice treat and a good sort of welcome back for me as I am now home for the holidays!



This track is supposedly an Allenby Beardsly cover.

The Gundam fighter pilot?

Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment