Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Match of the Day - Eddie Guerrero's final match

Eddie Guerrero vs. Mr Kennedy - Smackdown! (2005)


This is Eddie Guerrero's last match which aired three days before his death on my birthday, November 13th, 2005. Unknowingly to anyone, Guerrero would wrestle his swan song against Mr. Ken Kennedy where the Latino Heat pulled off his classic "lie, cheat, and steal" diversions to pick up his last win.

I'm not going to dwell on the whole Rey Myserio main event push because of Eddie dying storyline that transpired sometime after the news got out, but I will say that I am mighty glad that they dropped that terrible "I'm Dominick's real father, Rey" storyline and turned Eddie back into a crowd favorite before it was too late and things ended on a sour note. It is a shame that Eddie's life had to come to an abrupt end so soon after recovering from his real-life demons none-the-less.


Theme results:

Final match: Eddie Guerrero. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment