Saturday, March 8, 2014

Match of the Day - The first time Big Show breaks the whole ring

Big Show vs. Brock Lesnar - WWE Championship match - Smackdown! (2003)


So here it is, the first time in the history of WWE that a slam was so powerful that it literally broke the ring.

To be quite honest, this was actually really awesome for my young elementary school mind at the time it took place. I remember going to school the next day, SD! was still on Thursdays, and telling everybody and anybody willing to listen. This was a big fucking deal. So, when I came back to wrestling after taking some time off to learn that this same exact spot was redone in 2011, I was furious! Now hear me out, when I say that the same exact spot was redone, I don't just mean that Big Show was in a match where the ring completely collapsed again, I mean Mark Henry (playing the role of Brock Lesnar) got Big Show up on the top rope and superplexed him in such a incredible fashion that the ring implodes.

Looking back on things now, I guess it makes more sense that Mark Henry could break the ring from superplexing Big Show since Brock Lesnar, a smaller individual compared to the 400+ pound World's Strongest Man, was able to in this match.

Theme results

Ring Destruction: The ring collapses. 




No comments:

Post a Comment