Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Match of the Day - the CM Punk ROH dog collar match #2

CM Punk vs. Jimmy Rave - Dog Collar match - ROH Manhattan Mayhem (2005)


Miss CM Punk? Well, here's a CM Punk match.

Not too long before signing with WWE and going to Ohio Valley Wrestling, CM Punk was in Ring Of Honor's second ever dog collar match. Punk was also in the first which I've covered here before with Raven. This time Punk was facing off against Jimmy Rave who - while a prominent star of the indies at this time - will always be remembered as one half of the Rock N Rave Infection of TNA with Lance Rock (now wrestling as Lance Archer in NJPW) to me. These two put on a very physical match that is definitely a must-see if you are a punk fan, or a Jimmy Rave fan. There's Rave fans out there... somewhere... maybe.

The only thing that rubs me the wrong way during this match is the interference by Fast Eddie towards the end. I'm not ragging on him for having a run-in spot, I'm just bothered that the guy had to do a moonsault from the top rope to break up a pinfall. I get that Punk moves out of the way just before the landing and therefore Rave gets all of the moonsault, but come on, just get in there and break up the pin. Save the "I got to get my shit in" indy wrestling mentality for a match you will actually be in, but that's just me. Other than that though, this match is very good.

PS: The sounds cuts out about two thirds the way into the video above. It's not that big of a deal, I just don't want anyone thinking they lost his or her sound or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment