Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Song of the Day - Throats and Tongues Alone

The Body in the Kelp - Throats and Tongues Alone from The Body in the Kelp EP (2013)

I've heard a lot of voice samples, spoken word samples, movies and TV samples, and samples of all sorts in my day (and a lot that I have posted here), but never have I ever heard such a wicked Mainely sample as this one. This song truly speaks to my Maine maritime heart.



The Body in the Kelp are a group made up of musicians who came together for the Portland Space Gallery's 5th annual 48 Music Fest. I couldn't make it out to this year's festival, so I'm not sure who made up this stoner meets doom meets blues band... but if I had, I would have thanked them for this beautiful piece of art.

Christ bub!

Last.fm

No comments:

Post a Comment